Area 51 is the secret military base located about 90 miles north of Las Vegas. The nearest examination point of its location is Tikaboo Peak, which is 26 miles from the base. The official name of Area 51 of US governments is “Groom Dry Lake Air Force Base. It has taken as a testing ground for top-secret prototype military aircraft. The original name of Area 51 is derived from maps that offered a area of land, marked by boundaries, a grid number. Nuclear testing sites also accompany this region.
The current purpose of this base is officially undecided. On the other hand if we look on the historical evidences, it’s been observed that it supports development and testing of untried aircraft and weapons systems for more than 50 years. The matter of fact is that despite of its underground nature this secret base is well known among the large part of the country because of its conspiracy theories involved with it.
Beginning of this secret base
During world war II Area 51 was used for bombing and artillery practice. After the war gets over this place remained empty. In 1955 when Lockheed Martin chosen this lonely site as the perfect place to test the new U2 spy plane since then it’s under US government and many secret task are being performed under this roof.
Area 51 facts and secrets
· Area 51 also knows as Paradise Ranch, Dreamland, Groom Lake, Home Base, Watertown Strip and Homey Airport.
· When this base Area 51 was selected as the testing site for the OXCART, to keep this place as a mystery new, 8,500-foot runway was built in order to divert the attention of the masses, and contractors had to work under cover of night.
· The actually area of the base that measures six by ten miles.
· The US government studies top secret technology in Area 51 with extremely tight security.
· It is believed that UFOs have been spotted and found in Area 51.
· In early stages the only medium of entertainment at Area 51 was a single cement tennis court and a small bowling alley.
· In recent poll around 57% Americans believe that UFOs are real.
· Area51 cannot be called as Area51 officially.
· Bob Lazer, a contrary scientist and engineer, claims that he had worked with an alien spacecraft in area 51 in 1988 and 1989.
· Americans who know Area 51 have signed non-disclosure agreements. After signing the agreements if they reveal anything about area 51 then they have to face punishment.
· The first OXCART appeared in 1962 and took flight two months later.
· The A-12 OXCART needs special fuel in a way to fly at such a extreme speeds and heights.
· The entire perimeter of the base is guarded by subcontracted security guards. The security guards are commonly armed with M16s and guard the whole perimeter of the base in different vehicles which includes SUV’s, Humvees and pickup trucks.
· These security guards are not allowed to use excessive force on civilians but in any case the civilians attempt to perform things which are against the base and its security then they are permitted to use excessive force in order to maintain its security.
· It’s a rumor that trespassers will be shot to death if they cross this area but it is not true they are charged with fine if they do so.
Area 51 at present
It is still a top secret military base in USA. People are more curious to know about the mystery of this aircraft base or a military base or something else. Which is becoming a topic for people to dig up with their fantasies?…